A quick, delicious and healthy snack
- 1 x 250g punnet Victorian strawberries, washed and hulled
- 4 slices thick cut crusty bread
- 2 bocconcini, sliced
- 1 ripe pear, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves, washed and torn
- 4 slices Swiss style cheese
- 20g butter
- Thickly slice the washed strawberries and pat dry.
- Place 2 of the bread slices on a board and top each with bocconcini, sliced strawberries, pear, basil leaves and finally Swiss style cheese. Top with the second bread layer.
- Preheat a large pan and add butter. Panfry each toastie for 4 minutes on one side, then gently flip and panfry the other side until golden brown and the cheese is gooey.
Serve with fresh rocket tossed in balsamic vinegar.